💡 Notion tip: Click the
+ Add a new section template button below to quickly add a pre-made layout. The original layout can be updated by clicking on the template button's
⠿ menu and selecting
Configure — get creative! Once you've finished adding sections you can remove the template button and easily make your new page public by enabling
Share to web in the
Share menu. ✨
Notion vs. Google Docs
View Notion's own competitor comparison page for inspiration.
Notion and Google Docs have a lot of overlapping functionality. But there are several distinct differences that make Notion a more powerful, flexible, and efficient solution for sharing documents, knowledge management, and project work.
↓ New sections can be used in a number of ways, utilising simple column layouts to showcase comparisons, testimonials, and more.
Every document has its place and is logical to find. No more messy folders or searching with useless results. Notion creates clear hierarchy and provides an index to find everything you need.
Find anything in the sidebar
- Pages in the sidebar can be organized however you want, one click away
- Every page can contain related pages, making everything easy to find
- Quickly and accurately search your company's workspace
- Add as many layers of organization as you want without limits
One home base for everything
- Create a homepage for your company that gives everyone a place to start
- Everyone knows where documents go and where to find them
- Each team can have its own workspace, customized to meet their needs
- No more dumping ground of uncategorized, unfindable pages
"I think of Notion as the bones of our company knowledge. Google Docs doesn't provide that because it's not as easy to navigate all of the different things you have going on. Now it's our absolute source of knowledge and project management." — Siqi Chen, CEO, Sandbox VR
↓ Use a simple two-column layout with no image to focus on some important bullet points.
Saves time ⏱
- No more hunting through folders for the right doc
- No more days spent on maintenance cleaning up random docs
- No need to ask people when you can find answers to most questions
- No more duplicating work that already exists but can't be found
Saves tools 🛠
- No more context switching for one task
- No more single-purpose tool subscriptions
- No more information silos between teams
- Consolidates your team's tool stack with notes, docs, knowledge, and project management all in one place